- Open the Terminal application by clicking on the Spotlight icon in the top-right corner of your screen and typing “Terminal”
- Type “sudo dscl . -create /Users/newuser” without quotes
- Type your password when prompted
- Press enter to complete the action.
Edit, Add, And Delete Users With Terminal
When you create a new user on Mac, it creates a Home folder for the new user in the Users folder. It also adds this new user to the list of users in System Preferences.
Terminal is a command line interface for Mac. To login as admin, you can either type in “sudo su” or “sudo -i”.
The user is terminal Mac.
Open System Preferences.
Click on Users & Groups.
Click the lock to make changes and enter your password when prompted.
Select the “New User” button in the lower left corner of the window.
Enter a username, password, and an account name (this is optional).
Click Create User.
Open System Preferences and click Users & Groups.
Click the lock icon in the bottom left corner of the window and enter your password.
Click “Create a new user”.
Enter a username and password and click Create User.
In the terminal, type the following command:
Enter your password and then type the following command:
Log into your Mac with an administrator account
Go to System Preferences > Users & Groups
Select the user you want to make an administrator.
Click the padlock in the bottom left corner of the window and enter your password.
Click on “Allow user to administer this computer.
To make a user an administrator on a Mac, you can either use the System Preferences or the command line.
1) To use the System Preferences, go to Users & Groups and select the user account. Click Advanced Options and then check “Allow user to administer this computer.”
2) To use the command line, open Terminal and type sudo spctl –add followed by your password.
To delete a user on Mac Terminal, you would need to open the Terminal and type the following:
sudo dscl .
To delete a Mac user account, go to the Apple menu and select System Preferences. Click on Users & Groups. Select the account you want to delete from the list on the left. Click on the minus button at the bottom of the window.